Sausage & Cranberry Fritatta
First time I made this recipe was at a gathering with about 17 online Friends for a Celebration of our Canadian Thanksgiving a few years ago. We had all "camped" at one of the Friends' house and had a 3-day feast and good ol' chin-wag! Folk came up from South Dakota, Pennsylvania, as well as from all over Ontario, Canada. The teenagers there even liked this casserole.What I like about it that I can "prep it" a day before and then just toss it together and bake. Try it, I am sure you'll like it too.
Featured Pinch Tips Video
- 2 small sweet potatoes, cooked & cubed
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 2 turkey sausages,( i used 1 package of 5-6-inch sausages)
- 3/4 cup ocean spray sweetened craisins dried cranberries
- 1/2 cup chopped onion
- 1/2 tsp. each of salt, pepper, and crumbled dried sage leaves
- 3 cups baby spinach leaves,(1 bag)
- 4 each whole eggs & egg whites,(about 1/2 cup egg whites)
- 1 & 1/3 cup 1% milk,( i only use homo)
- 1 tablespoon dijon mustard
- 1/2 cup shredded gruyere or white cheddar cheese
1Preheat oven to 350'F
Heat the oil in a 12-inch oven proof skillet set over medium heat.
2Crumble in the sausage meat;
Add the Craisions, onion,salt, pepper & sage.
Cook, stirring often until sausage is browned & onion is golden.
3Stir in the sweet potato & spinach; cook ONLY until the spinach is wilted.
Spread evenly into a 12-in baking dish.
4Whisk the eggs & egg whites with the milk & mustard.
Pour evenly over the vegetable mixture.
Sprinkle with cheese.
5Bake 30-35 minutes OR until set.