Green Chile Potato Bake
Come to think about my recipe it is nothing like the one I used. Mine is fantastic!
PS I forgot to take pictures but will add them when I make this Mothers day.
Featured Pinch Tips Video
- 2 bag(s)
- fresh hashed potatoes (1lb each) i use southwest style simply potatoes
- 1 c
- sharp cheddar cheese shredded (shred your own if you can)
- 1 1/2 c
- mexican blend shredded cheese (shred your own if you can)reserve 1/2 cup for topping
- 2 can(s)
- small cans of chopped green chiles
- 1 c
- plus 1/4 cup whole milk divided
- 1 can(s)
- cream of potato soup do not dilute!
- 1 Tbsp
- minced garlic (optional)
- 2 Tbsp
- butter melted
- container of sour cream for side compliment
Large mixing bowl
Spatula or large spoon
Spray casserole dish, set aside.
Add both cans of green chilies, garlic, butter to the soup mix.
Fold in two bags of potatoes, cheddar cheese and 1 cup of the shredded Mexican cheese.
I also like my casserole with a "crispy" type texture so I changed to convection for the last 5 minutes.
If you don't have a convection oven you can broil the last few minutes but watch closely!
Serve with sour cream as a side.