~ Creamy Cheesy Mexican Flair Grits ~ Cassies
They can be served with eggs for a Southwestern flair type breakfast, lunch or dinner. Very versatile
I hope you try these tasty grits sometime. They are delicious!
Featured Pinch Tips Video
- 1/2 c
- minced onion
- 1/4 - 1/2 c
- chopped red sweet pepper
- 1 large
- clove garlic, minced
- 4 c
- 1 c
- quick cooking grits - not insant - salt if desired
- 1 - 4 oz
- can - chopped green chiles - well drained
- 1 can(s)
- corn, well drained or have used frozen corn - thawed ( which is what i prefer )
- 1 pkg
- taco seasoning mix - i use hot
- 2 Tbsp
- egg - lightly beaten
- 1 1/4 c
- shredded, sharp cheddar cheese
- 1 c
- shredded, montereey jack
- condiments or can eat alone ~ i added prepared taco meat, sour cream, scallions, endhilada sauce, shredded monterey jack cheese, black olives
Spray a 9 x 13 baking dish with nonstick cooking spray
In a dutch oven, over medium heat, bring 4 cups water to a boil. Stir in grits and reduce heat to med low. Continue stirring until thick, about 10 - 12 minutes.
Spread into prepared pan and top with remaining cheese. I sprinkle with some red pepper flakes. Totally optional.
Can be served as bars, once cooled.
Can be served with your favorite taco condiments.