11. Preheat oven to 350. Toast pecans in a pan until toasted and fragrant.
22. Beat sour cream and next 3 ingredients at low speed until blended.
33. Stir together flour and next 3 ingredients. Add to sour cream mixture, beating just until blended. Stir in apples and 1/2 cup toasted pecans. Spoon batter into a greased and floured 9x5 loaf pan. Sprinkle with remaining cup of pecans and press them lightly into batter.
44. Bake at 350 for 1 hour or until a wooden pick inserted into the center comes out clean, shielding with aluminum foil after 50 minutes to prevent excessive browning. Cool in pan for 10 minutes and then remove from pan.
55. Bring butter and brown sugar to a boil in a saucepan over medium heat, stirring constantly with a whisk. Boil for one minute. Remove from heat and drizzle over the bread. Let cool about an hour...or not..lol.