Chocolate Stout Beer and Cherry Bread
Featured Pinch Tips Video
- 3 c
- 1 Tbsp
- baking powder
- 1/2 tsp
- 1 c
- whole cherries, pitted ***
- 12 oz
- youngs double choc. stout beer
11. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Grease a 9x5 loaf pan.
2. In a large bowl, whisk together dry ingredients. Make a well in the center of the bowl and pour in beer and cherries. Gently fold the flour into the beer, stopping when the dough has just absorbed all the flour. Be careful not to over mix or stir vigorously, as this will destroy the bubbles and make the bread dense.
3. Pour dough into loaf pan and smooth the top with a spoon or rubber spatula. Bake for 45-50 minutes or until a toothpick inserted into the center comes out clean.
***recipe calls for tart cherries, but I used canned bing cherries, with the juice...did it without the juice the first time and it came out to dense! Second time with juice was much better!!