This is a recipe from a mystery book that I read years ago. It's really yummy.
Featured Pinch Tips Video
- 3/4 cup melted butter (1-1/2 sticks)
- 1 cup sugar
- 2 beaten eggs (just whisk them with a fork in a small bowl)
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon of salt
- 1 cup frozen blueberries (do not need to thaw) or fresh
- 1/2 cup blueberry pie filling
- 2 cups + 1 tablespoon flour
- 1/2 milk
- 1/4 cup brown sugar
- 1/4 cup flour
- 3 tablespoons of butter, cold
1Preheat oven to 375°. Grease the bottoms only of a 12 cup muffin tin.
2Melt butter in a microwave safe bowl. In a large mixing bowl mix butter and sugar. Add beaten eggs, baking powder, and salt; mix thoroughly.
3In a Ziploc bag put the 1 Tablespoon flour and the cup of frozen blueberries. Shake to coat. Set aside.
4To the butter-egg mixture; add half of the flour (1 cup) and half of the milk (1/4 cup) and mix well. Add the rest of the flour (1 cup) and milk (1/4 cup); mix thoroughly.
5Add 1/2 cup blueberry pie filling to batter, mix in gently. (It SHOULD turn purple.) Carefully fold in frozen blueberries (don't squish the berries).
6Fill muffin tins 3/4 full (almost to the top). Make crumb topping by combining butter, sugar, and flour in a small bowl until crumbly. Sprinkle over muffins. Bake for 25-30 minutes. Cool and enjoy!