Two For One! Poppers and Sausage!
The filling can be made ahead.. and you cook two items together and create two separate items for your table... a real time saver and a perfect mingling of flavors!
This recipe was inspired by my friend Caryn who is an Aux Chef.
- 2 large
- smoked sausages (cut on a slight angle as shown in photo)
- 20 large
- jalapeno peppers (cut lengthwise in half, deveined and deseeded)
- 1 pkg
- (8 ounces) cream cheese (softened)
- 1 pkg
- (8 ounces) shredded cheese of choice
- 1/2 c
- sour cream
- 1/4 tsp
- ground cayenne pepper
- 1/2 tsp
- minced red bell pepper, crisp bacon (crumbled)
PEPPERS AND SAUSAGES:
OPTIONAL INGREDIENTS TO ADD TO FILLING OR AS GARNISH
Set aside (at room temperature) until needed.
Cook until the peppers are tender and the sausage pieces are browned a bit.
By cooking the peppers and sausages together in the grill pan, the sausages add a bit of "oil" to move the peppers and sausages around easily, and the peppers give a slight hint of heat to the sausages!
Optional: you can add optional ingredients to the filling... or use as a garnish. I usually do that for parties.