Seafood Cocktail Pizza Appetizer
Bobbi Jo Woods
If you want to, you can leave out the crescent roll crust and just spread the whole deal onto a platter or baking sheet for a great dip, using sliced baguette, crackers or pita chips to scoop it up.
Feeding a crowd? Double everything. Best served immediately, or when toppings haven’t been sitting on crust too long, no more than an hour or two.
* Tip: after rolling out crust, poke several times with a fork so it bakes a bit flatter. If you still end up with a puffy crust (it does fall a bit after it cools) you can still fix that: Using a long bread knife (smooth sharp blade, not the kind with the big serrations, like a bagel knife) and slice the crust horizontally, into two crusts. This might work better. Flip them, so as to use the baked surface as the bottom and the new surface (exposed, where the top was cut off) as your top, for the base before adding toppings.
Featured Pinch Tips Video
- 2 pkg
- refrigerated crescent roll dough
- 1 bunch
- green onions (chives)
- green pepper
- 4 oz
- cooked frozen salad shrimp, thawed in refrigerator
- 8 oz
- imitation or real crablegs
- 8 oz
- cream cheese, room temperature
- 1/2 bottle
- cocktail sauce, the kind with ground horseradish in it (recommend crosse & blackwell)
- i don't use shrimp because i don't care for it. but use whatever seafood you like!
- i recommend not leaving out cocktail sauce. if you don't care for horseradish typically in cocktail sauce, but want something zesty over the base, you could create a sauce of ketchup, lemon juice and spices of your own creation.
1Preheat oven to 375F.
2Chop a couple stems of the onion (green and white parts) and 1 green pepper into coarse pieces and set aside (for presentation, you may want to slice the peppers into pretty rings). Chop crab legs, if not using the kind that's not already flaked, and set aside.
3Open the tubes of crescent rolls, slap them together and form a ball. Flatten with your hands or roll out using pin, into a crust, into ungreased non-stick baking sheet or jelly roll pan and bake for 14 minutes (only grease pan if using lower fat variety dough). Cool crust all the way, it mustn't be warm for next steps.
4Spread thin layer of cream cheese onto crust. Top with generous layer of cocktail sauce. Top with veggies, then crab and shrimp and cut pizza into 2? squares (small is best - the bigger, the messier).