Chicken Curry Tea Sandwich
If you need to make tea sandwiches in advance and need to keep them from drying out, cover them loosely with a sheet of wax paper and then place a damp kitchen towel over the wax paper (never place a damp towel directly on top of the bread because the sandwiches will become soggy). Refrigerate.
When ready to serve, remove from refrigerator. Uncover sandwiches just before serving.
- cooked whole chicken breasts, finely chopped
- 1/4 c
- finely-chopped nuts
- celery stalks, finely chopped
- salt to taste
- mayonnaise (just enough to moisten)
- curry powder or paste to taste
- 16 slice
- best-quality white bread*
- 1/2 c
- unsalted butter, room temperature