All-American Kitchen Sink
Featured Pinch Tips Video
- 1 loaf italian bread
- 1/2 cup prepared mustard
- 1/2 cup brown sugar, lightly packed
- 8 oz thinly sliced ham or smoked turkey
- 2 medium siced tomatoes, cored and thinly sliced
- 1/2 cup of a green or red bell pepper, chopped
- 1/2 of a small onion chopped
- 1 1/2 cups sliced mushrooms
- 1 can (8 oz) crushed pineapple, in its own juice, drained wll until all lquid is removed
- 2 cups (80 oz) shredded mozzarela cheese
1Preheat the oven to 400F.
Cut the bread in half lengthwise. Remove excess bread from the center of each half, leaving a boat shape with a 1/2-inch-thick shell. Place on a 10" x 15" cookie sheet and toast until golden, about 10 minutes.
Meanwhile, in a small bowl, combine the mustard and brown sugar, stirring until the sugar Is dissolved.
2Spread the mustard mixture evenly over the toasted bread shells.
Top with the ham, tomatoes, bell pepper, onion, mushrooms, drained pineapple, and mozzarella cheese.
Bake for about 20 minutes, or until heated through and the cheese is bubbly.