Stuffed mini peppers w/Italian sausage
Featured Pinch Tips Video
- (approx 2/3rd lb) links of hot or mild italian sausage with casings removed
- 1/3 c
- seasoned breadcrumbs
- 3-4 Tbsp
- grated parmesan cheese
- a few dash(es)
- garlic powder and black pepper
- 20 mini fresh colored sweet peppers cored and rinsed (or jared cherry peppers drained)
- 1-1 1/2 c
- cups warmed * marinara sauce (see note below)
- 8 oz
- bag italian shredded cheese
- 2-3 Tbsp
- olive oil
- parsely flakes for garnish (optional)
1Pre-heat oven 375 degrees
Place sausage in medium size bowl.. add breadcrumbs, grated cheese, garlic powder and black pepper ... mash and blend ingredients with fork until all blended.
2Stuff each pepper with sausage mixture. Before placing peppers in baking dish, dip each pepper (2/3rds up pepper) in olive oil (custard dish is good to use for olive oil dipping) .. place peppers in lightly oiled baking pan.(uncovered)
3Bake for 25-30 minutes .. remove from oven, with baster remove excess grease ... cover each pepper top with marinara sauce and Italian shredded cheese ... return to oven for another 10 minutes. Remove from oven and serve hot or warm... Enjoy!
For easy serving have toothpicks handy.
4Note: *You can omit the marinara sauce and just top with shredded Italian cheese (or cheese of your choice) and baked for an additional 7 minutes.