Beef Southwestern Wontons
They are a fun twist on finger food and very adaptable.
Featured Pinch Tips Video
- 1 package wonton wrappers
- ½ lb lean ground beef
- ½ package taco seasoning mix
- ¼ onion, minced
- ¼ green bell pepper, minced
- ½ small can mexi-corn, drained
- ½ (4oz) can diced green chilies, drained or jalapenos if you want more spice
- 1 cup shredded pepperjack cheese
- 2 cups oil for frying, or as needed
- salsa, optional
1Crumble ground beef into a large skillet over medium-high heat. Cook until evenly browned, and grain off grease. Add taco seasoning, green pepper, and onion; cook according to package directions (add water). Add Mexi-corn and green chilies, heat through. Set aside.
2Heat 1 inch of oil in a large skillet.
3Lay out one wonton wrapper at a time, place about one (good sized) teaspoon of ground beef mixture. Top with a small amount of shredded cheese.
4Sealing Wontons: Wet the edges of the wonton with water, pull the opposite corners up and press together. Pull the remaining two sides up and seal with the sides already up. Pinch closed.
5Fry in hot oil until golden brown, about 5 minutes. Remove from oil to drain on paper towels. Serve hot and fresh with salsa.