APRICOT GLAZED TABASCO WINGS
Excellent, hot, room temperature or cold. Will keep 5 days in the refrigerator, easy to reheat.
Featured Pinch Tips Video
- 2 -3 Tbsp
- soy sauce
- 1 large c
- apricot jam
- 1/3 c
- apple cider vinegar
- 1/4 c
- dry white wine...optional
- 2 tsp
- or 1 tbsp tabasco sauce (suit your taste)
- 5 large
- clove garlic, minced
- 3 - 4 lb
- chicken wings, rinsed and dried
11. Combine all ingredients except the wings in a bowl.
22. Mix up the sauce and test for sweet/sour/hot/salt balance. All good cooks taste for perfection. It should be pretty strong !! Place the wings in heavy plastic seal-able bags and divide the marinade sauce equally between them. Seal bags, expelling as much air as possible. Refrigerate 2 days, turning occasionally for even marinating.
33. When ready to cook, preheat oven to 325 degrees F. Spread foil over 2 metal cookie sheet size pans.Spread wings out and save any marinade.Roast 1 and 3/4 hours in the middle and at lowest setting on the oven racks. Switch pans positions (on racks) occasionally. Ever so often, turn the wings gently with prongs, basting with marinade and piercing with a fork during the first hour of roasting.
44. Wings are done when they can be easily pierced with the tip of a sharp knife. If not crisp enough, turn on broiler or oven to 500 degrees for a few minutes. Watch closely, they can burn easy. May squeeze fresh Lemon juice on them just before eating.