Amazing Cheesesteak Eggrolls
Andy Anderson !
They are very straightforward… For the most part they are a Philly steak sandwich lovingly enveloped in an egg roll wrapper, and fried. What could go wrong?
So you ready… Let’s get into the kitchen.
Featured Pinch Tips Video
- 1 lb
- thinly sliced pre-cooked roast beef
- 2 Tbsp
- grapeseed oil
- 8 oz
- button mushrooms, diced
- 1 medium
- onion, thinly sliced
- 1 medium
- green bell pepper, seeded and diced
- 3 clove
- garlic, minced
- black pepper, freshly ground, to taste
- salt, kosher variety, to taste
- 1.4 tsp
- crushed red pepper flakes
- 12 slice
- provolone cheese, thinly sliced
- 4 oz
- colby cheese, cut into matchsticks
- eggroll wrappers
- grapeseed or vegetable oil, for frying
- au jus, cheese, or marinara sauce, for dipping
24Cooking Note: I wanted to give these eggrolls a makeover, so I marinated a flatiron steak in some tamari, honey, and rice vinegar… Let it sit overnight in the fridge, and then put it on the smoker for a few hours. This is an optional step. These eggrolls taste great just using some thinly sliced deli beef.