Stunning Salmon "pate" Appetizers (Easy!)
Featured Pinch Tips Video
- long and thin french baguette
- 1 pkg
- 8oz cream cheese
- 1 can(s)
- 6 oz pink salmon (skinless and boned) drained
- 1/4 c
- finely chopped onion ( or 1 tablespoon dried onions)
- 2 Tbsp
- chopped fresh parsley
- about 1/2 of a lemon, juiced
- 3 Tbsp
- ketsup...excuse me here, i had no cocktail sauce or chile sauce in my pantry. it was fine!
- 1 tsp
- garlic powder
FOR SALMON PATE FILLING
Cut the ends off of the baguette. Cut in half or quarters for easier filling. With a long seraded knife carve out the bread within the crust. (save for other things)Put the bread aside. Make your filling.
(Truth be told, I usually use shrimp Cocktail sauce, but had none in the house today. Cocktail sauce gives you the right flavors and a bit of heat with the horseradish!)However, if you don't have cocktail sauce, lemon, ketsup and a bit of cayenne, does the same thing.