Smoky cheese stuffed jalapenos
Featured Pinch Tips Video
- 50 large jalapeno peppers
- 2 cups shredded -- cheddar monterey jack cheese, 8 ounces
- 4 ounces cream cheese, softened
- 1/2 cup minced fresh cilantro
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/4 teaspoon paprika
- 15 bacon strips
1in a small mixing bowl, beat the cheeses, cilantro, garlic powder and paprika until blended.
2Stuff 1 tablespoon into each jalapeno; wrap a strip of bacon around each. Note: cut the top off each pepper and discard seeds if desired.
3Grill peppers, covered, over medium hot heat for 4 to 5 minutes on each side or until bacon is crisp and filling is heated through. Serve warm. Makes 15 appetizers.