Sausage and Cheese Crescent Squares
Penny R @dixie_tn1
Now here's a breakfast dish that will call you taste buds to attention! The heat of the pork sausage is a great way to start off your day, but feel free to substitute in a milder sausage if you like.
- 2 can(s)
- pillsbury refrigerated crescent dinner rolls
- 1 lb
- hot pork sausage
- 1 pkg
- 8 oz. cream cheese
- 2 c
- shredded cheddar cheese
2. Unroll 1 can of dough into 2 long rectangles. Place in ungreased 13x9-inch glass baking dish; press over bottom and 1/2 inch up sides to form crust.
3. Cook sausage over medium heat, stirring frequently, until no longer pink. Remove sausage from skillet; discard drippings. To same skillet, add cream cheese. Cook over low heat until melted. Add cooked sausage; stir to coat. Spoon evenly over crust in baking dish. Sprinkle with cheddar cheese.
4. Unroll second can of dough on work surface. Press to form 13x9-inch rectangle; firmly press perforations to seal. Carefully place over cheese.
5. Bake 21 to 26 minutes or until golden brown. Cool 15 minutes. Cut into small squares.