Pesto-Parmesan Bread Rounds
Featured Pinch Tips Video
- each 1-pound loaf french bread or baguette, sliced 3/4" thick on slight diagonal
- 3/4 c
- mayonnaise (not salad dressing)
- 1/3 c
- basil pesto (*you could use sun dried tomato pesto instead)
- 2 clove
- garlic, minced (you may decrease or increase garlic per your personal taste)
- 1/2 c
- freshly grated parmesan cheese
- 1/4 c
- grated mozzarella cheese
- salt and black pepper to taste
- roasted red peppers, sun dried tomato slices; small dollop of olive tapenade; black or green olive halves; basil leaf,
1Preheat Broiler. Slice the bread into 3/4" slices on a slight diagonal. Place in one layer on baking sheet. Place under broiler and cook for up to 5 minutes until slices are golden brown and lightly toasted (*watch carefully so bread does not burn!)
2Mix together Mayonnaise, Pesto, Garlic, Parmesan cheese, and Mozzarella cheese, plus salt and pepper to taste.
3Remove toasted bread rounds from oven, and turn over to untoasted side.
4Slather each piece with a generous amount of the mayo-pesto mixture. (Use all of the mixture equally between the slices of bread).
5Turn oven to Bake (350 deg. F.). Place bread rounds in the oven and bake for about 5 to 7 minutes, until mayo-pesto mixture gets slightly puffy and "melty".
6Turn broiler back on. Broil for about 2-3 minutes, until Mayo-Pesto mixture gets bubbly and golden. Remove from oven.
7Serve hot from the oven or at room temperature. If desired, garnish with one of the suggested items listed above. These are delicious!