Featured Pinch Tips Video
- 8 oz block of cream cheese (at room temperature)
- 4 oz sharp cheddar cheese grated ( i use white cheddar)
- 1/2 teaspoon curry powder
- 1/3mango chutney or mixed fruit chutney. i use cranberry at the holidays.
- 2 tablespoons flaked coconut, unsweetened
- 1/4 cup pecans, toasted
- 1 tablespoon finely chopped scallions
- 1 1/2 tablespoon currants
- 2 apples, sliced thinly
- 1 box water crackers
1Make sure your cream cheese is at room temperature. Grate the sharp cheddar cheese. Combine the cream cheese, grated cheddar cheese and curry. I beat it by hand until smooth. Shape the mixture into a ball and place on plastic wrap. Shape the ball into a 5 1/2 inch diameter disc, about 1 inch high. Cover with plastic wrap and chill at least 60 minutes, overnight is best.
2To assemble the platter for consumption, place cheese in the center of a serving tray. You will now spread the chutney over the top of the cheese disc. Sprinkle coconut, toasted nuts, scallions and currants over the chutney. The measurements given were originally give to me. I am usually more generous with the toppings.
3To serve, I cut the apples into thin wedges and toss with lemon or Fruit Fresh a produce protector by Ball, to prevent discoloration. Arrange the wedges and crackers around the cheese.
4Note: The cheese can be made up to 2 days in advance; cover and chill until ready to serve. The platter can be prepared up to an hour before serving, if kept cool.