Baked Vidalia Onion Dip,TNT
Featured Pinch Tips Video
- 2 tbsp. butter or margarine
- 3 large vidalia onions, coarsely chopped ( i used walla walla)
- 2 cups shredded swiss cheese, 8 oz
- 2 cups mayonnaise
- 1 can sliced water chestnuts, drained and chopped
- 1/4 cup dry white wine, optional
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1/2 tsp. hot sauce
1Melt butter in a large skillet over medium high heat. Add onion, and saute 10 minutes or til tender.
Stir together shredded Swiss cheese and next 5 ingredients (including wine, if using). Spoon mixture into a lightly greased 2 quart baking dish.
2I used a 1 3/4 quart one, as that was the only size I had. Worked great.
3Bake for 25 minutes at 375 and let stand 10 minutes. Serve with tortilla chips or crackers. Makes 6 cups. You can substitute vegetable cooking spray for butter. Substitute reduced fat Swiss cheese and light mayo if you like, too.