Maple Bacon Stuffed Jalapenos
Featured Pinch Tips Video
Maple and jalapeno? Yup ... it's fabulous! These stuffed jalapenos are bursting with flavor. The two different types of meat mixed with the cheeses are great. The maple syrup offsets the spiciness of the pepper and adds a touch of sweet. These babies are salty, sweet, spicy and savory!
- jalapenos, fresh, green or red. sweet mini peppers are great for more timid palates
- 1 pkg
- cream cheese, low fat or regular, 8 oz.
- 1/2 lb
- maple bacon
- 1/2 lb
- bulk sausage (I like spicy)
- 2 tsp
- each - garlic powder, onion powder
- 1 Tbsp
- each - real maple syrup, dijon mustard
- 1/2 c
- each - shredded sharp cheddar cheese, shredded smoked gouda
- 1 tsp
- smoked paprikca
- 1/2 tsp
- cayenne pepper
1Cook the sausage and bacon seperately. Chop bacon into small pieces and mix it with the cheeses, sausage and seasonings.
2Wearing plastic gloves. Cut each pepper in half lengthwise. Using a small spoon scrape out the seeds and membrane. The more seeds and membranes you remove, the milder the pepper will be.
3Stuff the peppers with the mixture. You can grill them on the BBQ (about 15 mins until peppers are cooked and mixture is warm) or you can bake them in a 425 degree oven for 20 mins. (I find it easier to keep them nice looking using the oven.)