Bolinhos de Bacalhau (Fried Salt Cod Cakes)
This recipe calls for salt cod but I use fresh to save on days of soaking the salt cod.
- 2 lb
- salt cod or fresh cod
- 4 Tbsp
- extra virgin olive oil
- 2 small
- white onions, finely chopped
- 6 large
- egg yolks
- 4 lb
- yellow potatoes, cooked and mashed
- kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper
- finely chopped fresh parsley
- vegetable oil, for frying
Note: If using fresh cod skip this step.
Note: For fresh cod wash and pat dry.
Do not stir bolinhos while frying until slightly browned or they can fall apart.