Jalapeno Pepper Jelly
I found this in a magazine a while back and have enjoyed this jelly since then..
Caution: IF your hands are sensitive you will need to wear rubber gloves when handling the jalapenos. IF you don't use gloves wash your hands after working with the peppers...
Featured Pinch Tips Video
- 5 c
- medium tart apples, peeled and coarsely chopped
- 1 1/2 c
- apple cider vinegar
- 3/4 c
- finely chopped green pepper (1 med-large)
- jalapeno peppers, seeded and chopped
- 1/4 c
- drops of green food coloring or for red 8-10 drops
- pouches (3oz each) liquid fruit pectin (certo)
Reduce heat; simmer uncovered for 10 minutes.
At this point if you are making two different colors, divide mixture in half. Return liquid to pan
Return to a rolling boil over high heat. Stir in pectin (1 pouch if using 1/2 the liquid) Boil 2 minutes, stirring constantly.