IRRESISTIBLE "MUD BARS" by freda
FREDA GABLE @cookin4me
They don't last anytime at all.
You can sprinkle with chopped nuts on top for presentation and Our Lovers of Nuts.
We all have Imaginations,
Use Yours, add your Own topping ideas, over the frosting, Coconut, Nuts, Chocolate Sprinkles, mini choc chips, mini m&m's. etc.
I have used the Hershey's Cocoa Pdr in these if I don't have the bar type Chocolate. But the Bar is Much richer taste.
Note; these are Not Difficult to Make. I had to Edit due to so many Questions. So Hope this all helps and is self Explanitory.
- 1/3 cup
- butter only, please
- 5 oz
- block baking milk chocolate, melted, ( reserve 2.5 oz goes into the frosting) ( note; unable to find bakers choc you can sub mini semi sweet , or milk choc chips) use approx 1/2 c. or more to your taste test.
- 1 c
- bisquick mix
- 3/4 c
- granulated sugar
- 1 Tbsp
- vanilla extract
- 1 1/2 c
- marshmallows, mini (i use lots, i cover the bars)( note: no mini marshmallows, tip, use regular cut into small pcs with scissors.
- 1 Tbsp
- real butter, please (for frosting)
- 1/2 to 3/4 c
- sour cream use the taste test.
- 1 1/3 c
- powdered sugar
- the remaining baking choc bar 2.5 oz is added to this butter in the frosting. note: (if no baking choc. you can sub mini semi sweet choc chips)
Heat Oven to 350.
Grease and Flour 9" Square pan
Set out & measure all Ingredients before starting your recipe.
set aside to cool.
(use only 1/2 the Chocolate bar)
NOTE:use 1/2 in the Frosting 1/2 in the bar batter.
(See Notes in ingredients if You have no Baking Choc Bars)
Add Bisquick, Sugar,Vanilla, Eggs with the Chocolate.
Blend By Hand, or with electric mixer on low only about 30 seconds, Just til Blended. Yhen Beat on Med. for 1 more minute. . . no more.
"DO NOT OVER BEAT".
(If you overbeat, Your bars will not Rise as high.)
Slightly Melted stage, Cool completely, (just about 1 hr.)
In a 2 qt. saucepan, Melt the remaining 2 1/2 oz of Chocolate with 1 TBS butter, cool to warm stage.
Stir in Sourcream, & Pdr sugar, beat till smooth.
SPREAD: over the Marshmallows evenly, Place in Refer to chill, (ONLY for easier Cutting.)
Cut into bars.
Cut Usually 6X6 = makes 36 *BITE SIZE* Bars