This contest ended Nov 15, 2011.
Congratulations to Melissa Sperka of Greensboro, NC!Her CARAMEL, CHOCOLATE AND ALMOND GOOEY BUTTER CAKE! won the Grand Prize in the Just A Pinch "Flour Power 2011 Baking Contest."
Melissa's Grand Prize includes:
- Travel for two to Nashville, TN
- Two nights hotel accommodations
- Two tickets to a Grand Ole Opry performance (subject to scheduling and availability)
- A $1,000 cook's dream shopping spree at the Viking Kitchen Store in historic downtown Franklin, TN
- ... and the opportunity to prepare the winning recipe with Janet in front of a live audience at a Blue Ribbon Showcase Event!
Feeling like a winner yourself? ENTER TO WIN some tasty prizes of your own!
Meet Melissa and Hear About Her Blue Ribbon Experience!
Honorable MentionsThe judges had the most enjoyable job of sampling the wonderful entries... including these delicious Finalists! Congrats to all!
CHOCOLATE BLISS CAKE - Traci Bentz of Vancouver, WA
"What is there not to love about chocolate pudding, chocolate chips, chocolate ganache, snickers candy bars and, oh yeah, how about some caramel, too?? And, yes, all in one amazing cake!"
MS. GERALDINE'S FRESH APPLE CAKE - Debbie Lawrence of Birmingham, AL
"The whole family loves this wonderful taste of my childhood in the south!"
CRANBERRY COOKIE STRUDEL - Didi Dalaba of Greece, NY
"This recipe reminds me of Autumn, upcoming holiday's and the aroma's of baking at home."