☆☆☆☆☆ 0 votes0
3 lbsweet potatoes
1 Tbspolive oil
1celery stalk, chopped
1apple, peeled and chopped
·black pepper to taste
How to Make Sweet Potato and Apple Soup
- Preheat oven to 400degreesF.
- Prick the potatoes with a fork, place on a baking sheet, and roast until tender- 40-45 minutes.
- Meanwhile, heat the oil in a large saucepan ver medium-high heat. Add the onion, celery and apple and cook stirring occasionally til soft, about 10 to 12 minutes
- Halve the potatoes, scoop out the flesh, and add to the saucepan. Add 6 cups of water, 1/2 tsp salt & 1/2 tsp pepper.
- Cook until heated through , 8 to 10 inutes
- If desired, pure the soup in a blender, working in batches or mash soup with a potato masher