Roasted Butternut Squash Soup
Peggy Sue Ross
·drizzle of olive oil
6 Tbsp(or about one half) chopped onion
4chicken bouillon cubes
1/2 tspdried marjoram
1/4 tspground black pepper
1/8 tspground cayenne pepper
1 pkgcream cheese (8 oz)
How to Make Roasted Butternut Squash Soup
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Slice squash in half, lengthwise, and remove center pulp and seeds. Drizzle cut halves with olive oil.
- Place squash on jellyroll or roasting pan cut side down and roast for one hour.
- Allow squash to cool slightly. Then peel off the outer skin with a vegetable peeler. Cut into 1-inch chunks and set aside.
- Add squash, water, bouillon, marjoram, black pepper, and cayenne pepper. Bring to a boil. Cook 20 minutes or until squash is very tender.
- Add cream cheese and heat just until cheese melts. Do not boil.
- *You may also puree in small batches in a blender or food processor if desired, until smooth. Then return to saucepan to add cream cheese just until melted.