Olive Garden's Copycat Minestrone Soup
I used vegetable bouillon cubes instead of the broth.
Orzo instead of shell pasta.
I added an additional 1/2 c of zucchini and 2-3 t. garlic at the end of cooking.
- 1 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 c minced white onion (about 1 small onion)
- 1/2 c chopped zucchini
- 1/2 c frozen cut italian green beans
- 1/4 c minced celery
- 4 t. mince garlic
- 4 c vegetable broth swanson is good *note: do not use chicken broth!*)
- 2 (15 oz) can red kidney beans,drained
- 2 (15 oz) cans small white beans or great northern beans,drained
- 1 (14 ounce) can diced tomatoes
- 1/2 c carrots,julienned or shredded
- 2 tablespoons minced fresh parsley
- 1 1/2 t. dried oregano
- 1 1/2 t. salt
- 1/2 t. ground black pepper
- 1/2 t. dried basil
- 1/4 t. dried thyme
- 3 c hot water
- 4 c fresh baby spinach leaves
- 1/2 c small shell pasta
How to Make Olive Garden's Copycat Minestrone Soup
- 1Heat three tablespoons of olive oil over medium heat in a large soup pot.
Saute onion, celery, garlic, green beans, and zucchini in the oil for
5 minutes or until onions begin to turn translucent.
Add vegetable broth to pot, plus drained tomatoes, beans, carrot, hot
water, and spices. Bring soup to a boil, then reduce heat and allow to simmer for 20 minutes.
Add spinach leaves and pasta and cook for an additional 20 minutes or
until pasta is done.