NORDIC GRAVLAX WITH CARAWAY & CORIANDER
RawSpiceBar Spices & Spice Kits
- pouch rawspicebar's gravlax spices
- 2 lb
- skin-on, sushi-grade salmon fillet
- 8 Tbsp
- kosher salt
- 3 Tbsp
- vegetable oil, divided
- 1 Tbsp
- bunches dill
- for the sauce:
- 3 Tbsp
- white vinegar
- 2 Tbsp
- 5 Tbsp
- dijon mustard
- 1 Tbsp
- 1/4 c
- canola or vegetable oil
- kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper
- lavash or pumpernickel bread, for serving
How to Make NORDIC GRAVLAX WITH CARAWAY & CORIANDER
- 1Fill a large bowl with cold water and 4 tbsp salt. Add salmon and let stand 10 minutes.
- 2In a skillet, toast RawSpiceBar's Gravlax Spices, stirring constantly, until fragrant, about 1 minute.
- 3In a small bowl, stir together salt, sugar & RawSpiceBar's Gravlax Spices until thoroughly combined.
- 4Remove salmon and pat dry with paper towels. Turn salmon skin side up and sprinkle about half of spice mixture, rubbing in with fingers.
- 5Arrange half the dill all over the bottom of a baking dish large enough to hold salmon. Set salmon skin side down on bed of dill. Rub remaining spice mixture on top and top with remaining dill. Cover with plastic and top with a weight. Refrigerate for 1 day.
- 6Unpack salmon and turn skin-side up. Re-pack with dill, cover with plastic and set weight back on top. Refrigerate until salmon is cured, 1 day longer for a lighter cure and 2 days longer for slightly more cure.
- 7For the dill sauce: in a blender, combine vinegar with dill, mustard, and sugar and blend until dill is very finely chopped. Add oil and blend until a smooth sauce is formed. Season with salt and pepper.
- 8Unpack salmon, removing dill, and set on a work surface. Using a very sharp slicing knife, cut gravlax on the bias into thin slices. Arrange on slices of pumpernickel bread and drizzle sauce on top. Serve.