Letizia's yummy french onion soup
the reason why I love it so much is because it is full of flavor !! . I think it's really delicious !!!! hope you will too !!!!!
1stick of butter
4big onions cut up
2 boxof swanson beef broth
2 Tbspof beef base
1 lbof sliced monerey jack cheese
2 cof merlot red wine
1 or 2loaf of bread good italian bread cut up in rounds
How to Make Letizia's yummy french onion soup
- in big pot , put one stick of butter to melt , cut up onions in 4ths
- Saute' onions on medium heat , until a little brown .
- lower heat and cook for half hour or more , until they are completely caramelized .
- don't cover the pot. now add beef broth , add beef base when broth gets hot , it will melt faster .
- now add red wine . cook on low for 1 hour or more .
- When flavor is good , the soup is done .
- put couple of slices of cheese on bottom of soup dish. Make sure soup dish is oven safe .
- now with soup ladle , pour some of the soup in dish , on top of the cheese.
- now add rounds of bread in dish . make sure the bread round fits in the dish .
- now it's time to put more cheese on top of bread
- put individual soup dishes in the oven , on broil , until cheese melts , about 2 minutes .
enjoy !! delicious !!!!