CROCKPOT GREEN BEAN AND POTATO SOUP
6 cfresh, trimmed, whole or cut green beans (@ 2 lbs) can use 2 (16 oz) bags frozen cut or whole green beans
4 - 6 mediumred-skinned potatoes, scrubbed and sliced 1/4-inch thick
1 largeonion, sliced
8 slicebacon, cut into pieces
·salt and pepper to taste
2 can(s)cream of potato soup
1soup can of water
3 Tbspbutter or margerine
How to Make CROCKPOT GREEN BEAN AND POTATO SOUP
- Spray the Crockpot with cooking spray.
- Layer sliced potatoes, sliced onion, green beans and bacon, sprinkling with salt and pepper as you go.
- In a medium bowl, add soup and water and whisk until smooth. Pour over mixture in crockpot.
- Dot with butter, about 3 tablespoon total.
- Cover and cook on low for 6 to 8 hours or until potatoes are tender..
- Taste and adjust seasonings.
Replace the green beans and bacon with , 2 cans whole kernel corn, drained and 2 cups cubed ham; or 2 cans sweet peas, drained and a dozen or so pearl onions instead of the large chopped onion.