Creamy Broccoli Cheese Soup
Its also easily adapted for different cheese/veggies or even add some chicken.
I cannot take credit for the recipe, original is posted here:
- 1 1/2 c
- whisk bliss original (see note)
- 1 lb
- broccoli (i use a package of frozen florets)
- 6 c
- warm water
- 3 c
- shredded cheddar cheese
- garlic powder
How to Make Creamy Broccoli Cheese Soup
- 1Make sure if you are using frozen broccoli it is completely thawed. If you are using fresh broccoli, cook it before making the soup, it is really quick in the microwave with a bit of water to help steam.
Cut the broccoli into slightly smaller than bite-sized pieces.
- 2In a large sauce pot combine Whisk Bliss and warm water. Bring to a light boil, stirring often. It will thicken as it cooks and after the remaining ingredients are added.
Add broccoli, garlic powder and cheese and stir well, simmering for 3-5 minutes, stirring occasionally.
This makes a fairly thick soup, if you prefer a thinner soup just add a bit more hot water toward the end until it reaches desired consistency.
- 3If desired, you can use an immersion blender to smooth out the chunks of broccoli, personally we like it chunky.
Leftovers can be used up to a few days after cooking, (just stir well and re-heat) or can be frozen.
Whisk Bliss Original is a Shirley J product. It is a universal base for everything with a creamy component. It can be purchased at www.shirleyj.com/6558 and is carried at select stores nationwide.