Onion And Garlic Soup
This US version adapted from the English version by Chef Jonny
Photo by Chef Jonny
- olive oil
- bulb of garlic, peeled and crushed
- 3 1/2 oz
- 6 large
- onions, sliced thin
- 5 oz
- double cream ( can be found at amazon.com) or may use heavy cream
- 4 slice
- fatty bacon, chopped
- salt, to taste
- fresh kale, (or substitute), chopped
How to Make Onion And Garlic Soup
- 1Place one pan on a high heat with oil and a second pan on the side, halve the butter between them. Heat pan number one until the butter is melted and foaming. Then add the bacon and fry in the butter until golden and crispy. Drain from the butter and set aside.
- 2Meanwhile, in the other pan with butter, over high heat, add the garlic and fry in the butter until the garlic starts to turn golden brown.
Add the onions and coat in the garlic butter mixture.
Season with salt.
Next add enough double cream to the pan to (coat) the onions. Then add enough water to the pan to cover the onions and leave to simmer on a medium heat for 15-20 minutes.
- 3In a blender, blend the soup mixture and serve with the bacon and kale on top, garnish with a drizzle of double cream.