Morrocan Tomato and Cauliflower soup
Ramona's Cuisine -
☆☆☆☆☆ 0 votes0
·500 ml water
·1 medium/big cauliflower head
·1 jar passata
·2 medium onions
·1 medium cinnamon stick
·1-2 gloves garlic
·1 red chili
·2 tbps olive oil
·1 tbps dukkah parsley / corriander
·salt to taste
·pepper to taste
How to Make Morrocan Tomato and Cauliflower soup
- Heat the oven to 220°C / 200°C fan assisted/Gas mark 7
- Put the cauliflower florets into the roasting dish, season them well, scatter some Cayenne pepper over, put 1 tbsp olive/coconut oil over and toss. Cook for about 15 mins till golden on edges then add the peeled onions (cut in chunks) and cook for a further 12 mins.
- While veggies are still cooking in the oven, peel and crush the garlic - chop finely along with the chili (remove nervures inside the chili as it might be too spicy otherwise).
- Pick up your soup pan and put over heat, add the remaining olive/coconut oil, put the cinnamon stick, garlic and chili in. Stir in for a minute or so and then add the Passata with the whole amount of water (500 ml) preferably boiling. Bring to boiling and then lower the heat and allow to simmer for about 10 mins until it slightly thickens.
- Remove the cinnamon stick and add the baked vegetables (cauliflower + onions).
- Season with salt and pepper to taste, give it a whiz if you don't prefer chunks.
- Dish up into bowls and serve with dukkah/cumin/coriander powder scattered on top, or with some nice parsley leaves.