1 lblamb, cut into cubes
4 Tbspall purpose flour
2 mediumonion, quartered
4 mediumpotatoes, peeled and diced
3 mediumcarrots, peeled and sliced
1 box(32 oz.) beef broth
2 Tbspchopped, fresh parsley
How to Make Irish Stew
- Combine flour, salt, thyme, and pepper; set aside.
- preheat oven to 325 degrees.
- Trim visible fat from lamb; cut into 1/2 inch cubes. Place flour into a large zip lock bag; add lamb. seal and shake to coat all the meat.
- Arrange half of the lamb in the bottom of a large oven proof pot. Top with half of onion, potato and carrots. Sprinkle with 1/2 thyme mixture.
- Repeat procedure using remaining ingredients except for fresh parsley. Cover and bake at 325 degrees for 2 hours.
- Ladle into soup bowls and sprinkle with fresh parsley.