Cold Lemon Soup with Zucchini1
By Just A Pinch KitchenCrew
☆☆☆☆☆ 0 votes0
2 qtchicken stock
2lemons, juice only
2 smallzucchinis, trimmed
How to Make Cold Lemon Soup with Zucchini
- Bring the chicken stock to a boil in a large saucepan; add salt to taste.
- Meanwhile, in a medium bowl, beat the eggs with a whisk or electric mixer until thick and frothy.
- Slowly add the lemon juice, beating constantly to prevent eggs from curdling.
- Stir the egg-lemon mixture into the hot chicken broth; let cool and refrigerate.
- Grate or julienne the zucchinis; blanch in boiling salted water for 45 seconds just to set the color and remove raw taste.
- Quickly drain and run under cold water until cool to the touch; refrigerate.
- To serve, mix the zucchini into the soup. Serve chilled; garnish with lemon slices.