Grandma Marty's Chunky Potato Soup
Enjoy : )
★★★★★ 1 vote5
3 largered potatoes
3 Tbspall purpose flour
·crushed red pepper flakes (to taste)
·ground black pepper (to taste)
1 ccheddar cheese, shredded
1 ccubed cooked ham
How to Make Grandma Marty's Chunky Potato Soup
- Wash potatoes well and cut into 1-inch cubes
- Bring water to a boil in a large saucepan.Add potatoes and cook until tender. Drain,reserving liquid. Set aside potatoes.Measure 1 cup cooking liquid,adding water if necessary;set aside
- Peel and finely chop onion.Melt butter in saucepan over medium heat. Add onion to saucepan;cook,stirring frequently,until onion is translucent and tender,but not brown.
- Add flour to saucepan; with pepper flakes and black pepper to taste.Cook 3-4 minutes.
- Gradually add potatoes,reserved 1 cup cooking liquid,milk and sugar to onion mixture in saucepan;add cheese and ham. Simmer over low heat 30 minutes,stirring frequently.
- Store leftovers,covered in refrigerator.
This recipe is a hearty,warm,filling soup that kids really enjoy : )