1 largehead of cauliflowr
·reserved bacon drippings
1 mediumonion, finely diced
2-4 clovegarlic, minced
2 cchicken broth
1 bag(s)(8 oz.) cheddar cheese
3 cwhole milk or half & half
1/3 call purpose flour mixed with 1/2 cup of whole milk until smooth
·salt & pepper to taste
How to Make Cauliflower-Cheese Soup
- Cut the Cauliflower into bite sized flowerets. Set aside.
- Cook and Crumble bacon, set aside, reserving pan drippings.
- Heat 2 Tbsp. of bacon drippings in bottom of a medium Dutch oven. Cook garlic and onion over medium heat until softened. Add cauliflower and pour chicken broth into pot. Cook 10-15 minutes or until just softened.
- Lower heat to medium low. Add milk, cheese, and flour slurry. Cook over medium low heat until cheese is fully melted and incorporated into soup and soup is thick and creamy. (about 10 minutes.
- Add in crumbled bacon, salt & pepper to taste.
- Serve with oyster crackers or crusty bread.