Butternut Squash Soup with Ginger and Lime
1/2 conion, finely chopped
1.5 Tbspginger, finely chopped
3 Tbspbutter, unsalted
2 largebutternut squash, peeled and sliced
2 cchicken broth
2 Tbsplime juice
3 Tbspginger, julienned
How to Make Butternut Squash Soup with Ginger and Lime
- In a large saucepan, cook the onion and minced ginger in the butter over low heat until onion is soft.
- Add squash, broth, 2 cups water and the garlic; Bring mixture to a boil and simmer covered for 15-20 minutes or until squash is tender.
- Puree mixture in batches in a blender or food processor and then return to the pan.
- Stir in lime juice, season with salt and pepper and reheat soup.
- In a small skillet, heat the oil over moderately high heat until it is hot and fry julienned ginger.
- Sprinkle the fried ginger.