Rocky Point Clam Chowder
Check out: rockypointpark.com
1 1/2 lbsalt pork, chopped into small pieces
1 galclam juice
1 lbpotatoes, diced
2 ccanned tomato puree
1 1/2 qtchopped quahogs or clams
·water as needed
·salt & pepper to taste
·dash of old bay seasoning
How to Make Rocky Point Clam Chowder
- In a large stockpot, heat the salt pork until fat melts.
- Add chopped onions; Cook over gentle heat until very soft.
- Add clam juice, potatoes, seasonings, tomato puree, and alittle water; simmer until the potatoes are soft.
- Add quahogs/clams.
- Heat and taste for seasoning.
- TIP: It is best to use old, not new, potatoes because they thicken the chowder with their starch.
- This is not a thick chowder, but can be thickened by crushing Pilot crackers and adding to the chowder near the end of cooking.