Easy Clam Chowder
This is super easy to put together, makes a great supper, served with a side salad and some crusty bread!
3slices of bacon, cut into 1/4
2 mediumcelery stalks- chopped
1/2 call purpose flour
3 mediumred/white/gold potatoes peeled and diced 3/4
3 can(s)chopped clams, with juice
3 bottleclam juice
1 cheavy cream
·salt and pepper to taste
How to Make Easy Clam Chowder
- Brown the 1/4" pieces of bacon over medium heat, rendering the fat until golden and crisp.
Remove to a paper towel lined plate to use later, and reserve fat in pan.
- Add 2 TBSP butter to the bacon drippings, and saute the minced onion, and chopped celery for 7-10 minutes until translucent and beginning to turn golden.
- Stir flour into the veg mix and cook for 1-2 minutes.
Wisk in the milk and clam juice until no lumps remain.
- Add the diced potatoes, bring to a boil, turn down to a high simmer and cook for 7-10 minutes-until potatoes are tender.
- Stir in the clams with their juice, bacon, parsley and cream.
Season with salt and pepper to taste and serve!