1 clentils, dry
4 1/2 cchicken stock (or vegetable)
1 can(s)Northern beans or any bean you like
1 cfrozen corn
1/2 ccarrots, diced
1/2 conion, diced
2 can(s)diced tomatoes (14 oz each)
1 pkgchili seasoning
1jalapeno pepper, chopped
1/4 ccilantro, chopped
How to Make Lentil Chili
- First, clean your lentils.
- In a pot add olive oil about 2 Tbsp. Saute carrots, onions, and jalapeno.
- Add lentils and cook for 1 minute. Add 4 c of chicken stock and the cilantro. Bring to a boil and lower temperature to a simmer and cook for 30 minutes until lentils are cooked.
- When lentils are cooked add cans of diced tomatoes and remaining chicken stock. Add the package of chili seasoning.
- Rinse your beans and add to the pot. Cook for 10 minutes more.
- In the last 5 minutes of cooking add the frozen corn.
- Serve it hot or warm and top with cheese. I like cheddar but you can do any cheese you like and don't forget the sour cream. Eat with corn chips or crackers - we like both.