Kick-A-Cold Chicken Soup
- 3 qts. not yo mama’s chicken stock*
- 1 (2 lb.) kabocha squash
- 4 cups thin wedges bok choy (napa cabbage)
- 4 cups cooked chicken (saved from making not yo mama’s chicken stock)
- kosher salt, freshly ground pepper
- 1 jalapeño, thinly sliced
- 1 (2”) piece ginger, peeled, finely grated
- 3 limes, cut into wedges
How to Make Kick-A-Cold Chicken Soup
- 2Meanwhile, cut squash into 4 wedges and remove seeds. Cut each wedge into 4 pieces. Add squash to stock and simmer until tender, 8–10 minutes. Add cabbage and cooked chicken and cook until warmed through, about 4 minutes. Season with salt and pepper.
- 3Divide soup among bowls. Top with jalapeño and some basil and cilantro; drizzle with chili oil and finish with a pinch of ginger. Serve with lime wedges for squeezing over.
- 4Do Ahead: Soup (without toppings) can be made 3 days ahead. Let cool; cover and chill. Can be frozen in individual servings – enough to see you through an entire season of colds and flu.