Homemade Egg Noodles
Kathey Jo Hickey-Van Otten
How to Make Homemade Egg Noodles
- I use both wheat and white flour together, so mix it well, add the salt and mix again. Add the sugar, mix once more.
- Beat the eggs and add to the flour along with the milk. Pour the milk in a little at a time to make sure you don't add to much.. it may require less or more.
- I use gloves when cooking, especially when mixing things together. Nothing works better than my hands when mixing things together. I work the dough with milk together until it forms and sticks together like bread dough. If it is a large ball, divide in half and roll out each one individually.
- Roll out the ball on floured table, well floured, and keep it that way. Roll it thin, as it will puff up when boiling in the water. Take knife and cut into strips and sometimes I will curl them, while other times I will just leave them straight. Can leave on table to dry after cleaning up, or do what i do. i take a double line of crochet thread and tie it from one cabinet to another ..which in my case is across the sink. Hang the noodles over the string and let it dry a few hours. I then can cut it up in smaller sizes and put some in a baggy for another day and the rest i will cook in salted boiling water for about fifteen minutes.
- Drain in sink when done, and i place it in the soups to cook some more. I usually make them for chicken noodle soup..in the slow cooker. It really adds the extra flavor I am looking for in this dish. Enjoy...