Chicken Soup For The Cold
You can use rice or noodles. COOKBOOK RECIPE
5 to 6 cchicken stock, light
1/2 clong grain rice or pasta
1carrot, peeled and thin slices
1celery stalk, minced
1 craw or cooked chopped chicken
·salt and ground pepper to taste
·minced parsley for garnish
How to Make Chicken Soup For The Cold
- Place the stock in a large, deep saucepan or casserole, and turn the to medium-high.
- When it is just about boiling, turn the heat down to medium so that it bubbles but not too vigorously.
- Stir in rice, carrots, and celery, and cook stirring occasionally until they are all tender, about 20 minutes.
- Stir in the chicken, IF IT IS RAW, cook another 5 to 8 minutes until it is cooked, IF IT IS COOKED, cook 2 to 3 minutes until it is hot season with salt and pepper.
- For thicker soup, increase the amount of rice or pasta to 1 cup; use 2 carrots and 2 celery stalks.
- Use as much chicken as you like. If you plan to store this soup, cook the rice and pasta separately and stir it in during the last stage of cooking or it will absorb too much liquid during storage.