Chicken Salsa Soup
☆☆☆☆☆ 0 votes0
1 Tbspolive oil
1 lbchicken, cut into small pieces
1 can(s)great northern beans
1 jar(s)15 oz corn & black bean salsa
16 ozchicken stock (1/2 box)
1 csour cream
·cheddar cheese, shredded
How to Make Chicken Salsa Soup
- Coat the bottom of a stock pot or dutch oven with olive oil and heat on high.
- When the oil is hot, put the chopped up chicken in the oil and cook through and season with salt and pepper. You can use either white or dark meat, it is your choice and works well with both.
- When the chicken has finished cooking, add the can of beans, salsa, chicken stock, garlic powder, onion powder, and cumin. Stir until well mixed.
- Reduce heat and let simmer for about 10 minutes.
- Taste to see if you need more seasoning or salt. If you want more heat, you can add taco seasoning or chili powder.
- Cook for another 15-20 minutes, until it starts to reduce. It is good to taste it here also and if it is tasting a little too salty, that is perfect and it is almost finished.
- Add sour cream and stir well, keeping the heat on low to help breakdown the sour cream and help it blend better.
- Serve into individual bowls and top with cheddar cheese.