So simple Thrive Life taco soup
I got this recipe from my consultants recipe page. Original recipe is from J & K Rise.
Freeze dried fruits and vegetables are awesome to use everyday.
1 1/2 tsptaco seasoning mix
1/4 csour cream, tl freeze dried
1/4 ccheese blend, tl freeze dried
1 ctomato powder, tl freeze dried
1/4 cchopped onions, tl freeze dried
3/4 cgreen chilies, tl freeze dried
1/4 cmixed bell peppers, tl freeze dried (green & red bells)
1/4 ctomato dices, tl freeze dried
1/2 cground beef, tl freeze dried
1/2 cinstant black beans, tl
1 1/2 csweet corn, tl freeze dried
How to Make So simple Thrive Life taco soup
- In a quart jar layer ingredients one at a time starting from the top of the ingredient list down.
I forgot the cheese blend and added at the top in this photo and it still will look pretty.
You can also substitute freeze dried Chicken for the beef and add or subtract ingredients to your taste.
- Put a ring and a lid on your jar..you can add an oxygen remover if you are going to store this longer or seal mason jar using a vacuum sealer.
- For lunch jars (Small containers or zip lock bags) divide ingredients in quarters and add each item into 4 container. This will make 4 lunches.
- For camping: I like to fill my soup using a zip lock and then insert inside a vacuum sealer bag to keep the powder from messing up the seal when you vacuum seal your bag. You can make quart or individual vacuum seal bags. Weighs a lot less, unbreakable, durable, no refrigeration. Whats not to like?
- TO COOK:
Quart jar: add contents to pot and add 3 cupsof water for soup or (bonus) only add 2 cups water for dip. I have not made the dip yet.
Simmer about 15 minutes or until beans are soft
Single servings: add 1 cup of hot water and microwave for about 3 to 5 minutes. Cover and let sit for 5 min. Test to see if beans are soft
Camping: Add to pot and add appropriate water and sit over fire and simmer for 15 min.
- Ready to eat. Top each serving with shredded cheese and taco chips, sour cream, sliced avocado, olives etc.
Lunch or Camping: TL also carries freeze dried cheese and can be put in a separate baggie and you can refresh cheese before using as a topping . Same goes for TL sour cream.
- Thrive Life (TL) is a company that provides premium fruits and vegetables that are freeze dried. You can find some freeze dried items from other companies. I found some at Walmart.
If you would like more information on one of the freeze dried ingredients just private message me