CORNED BEEF AND CABBAGE SOUP
2 lbcorned beef
1beef flavored bouillon cube
1/2onion coarsley chopped
2garlic cloves sliced thin
6new potatoes unpeeled and quarted
6 cvery coarsley chopped cabbage
How to Make CORNED BEEF AND CABBAGE SOUP
- In a 5 quart dutch oven, combine corned beef and water.
- Bring to a boil
- Reduce heat cover and simmer 15 minutes
- Skim off any scum that rises to the surface.
- Add bouillon cube, onion, and garlic. In a garni bag add peppercorns, cloves and bay leaf
- Simmer covered an additional 3 to 4 hours or until meat is tender.
- Remove meat from stock.
- Skim fat from stock.
- Cut meat into bite size pieces return to stock.
- Stir in carrots and potatoes.
- Bring to a boil.
- Reduce heat cover and simmer 15 minutes more.
- Stir in cabbage. Simmer covered an additional 15 minutes or until vegetables are tender
- Remove garni bag with pepper corns, cloves and bay leaf discard.