Coyote Bob's Leftover Hambone Mega Soup
A very good, stick-to-your-ribs, soup for the winter nights like we have here in Northern Vermont.
The house smells heavenly while this is cooking.
★★★★★ 2 votes5
1 lbbob's red mill 13 bean soup mix
1left over ham bone
3celery stalks, sliced
115-oz can diced tomatoes
3garlic cloves, minced
1 1/2 cegg noodles, uncooked
1 Tbspno sodium italian spice, such as spicely's
1 Tbspsalt substitute such as morton's
·pepper, to taste
How to Make Coyote Bob's Leftover Hambone Mega Soup
- The prior night, soak one (1) pound of mixed beans in water.
- In the morning, drain the beans through a sieve and put into a large stock pot
- Place left over ham bone, and three (3) quarts of good spring water into the stock pot with the beans. Bring to a boil.
- Set pot to actively simmer for two hours. Remove any scum that accumulates at the surface.
- While this is simmering, chop onion, celery, carrots. Mince garlic.
- After the two hours has elapsed, add the vegetables, garlic, can of diced tomatoes, Italian spice and salt substitute. Set timer for additional two (2) hours and simmer.
- After about an hour, add two (2) cups egg noodles
- After two (2)hours, discard the bone, leaving whatever meat that has fallen off in with the soup.