Back to School Chocolate Granola
- ½ cup chocolate or carob chips
- ¼ cup cocoa powder
- 2 cup rolled oats
- 1 cup unsweetened shredded coconut
- 1 cup slivered almonds
- pinch of salt
- ½ cup maple syrup
- ¼ cup coconut or olive oil
- ½ tsp vanilla extract
- ¼ tsp almond extract
- ¾ cup dried cherries, cranberries or raisins
How to Make Back to School Chocolate Granola
- 1Preheat oven to 300º F.
- 2Mix first 6 ingredients together in a large bowl.
- 3In a medium saucepan, heat the maple syrup and oil until bubbly. Whisk in cocoa powder. Stir in vanilla & almond extracts.
Pour liquid mixture over dry ingredients and stir to thoroughly combine.
Spread mixture over baking sheet and bake for 40 minutes, stirring every 10 – 12 minutes.
- 4Remove from oven and allow to cool completely. Store in zip log bags or air tight canister.